The mayor is responsible for presiding at board meetings, overseeing the departments, and executing policies.
Other duties include:
- Serves as the liquor control commissioner with the power to review, issue, and hold hearings regarding licenses
- Makes appointments to all non-elective offices and committees
- Provides leadership toward the fulfillment of municipal goals
- Leads in providing for the safety, health, and welfare of the citizens of the community
- Oversees that all laws and ordinances are enforced